- How Do I...
- Apply For
- Soliciting/Canvassing/Peddling Permit
Businesses wishing to engage in door-to-door soliciting, canvassing or peddling must first apply for a Solicitor's Permit.
View and download Ordinance No. 1061-22
Applicants must file, in person, with the Designated Municipal Official (DMO) of the Municipality of Murrysville, a sworn application in writing on a form furnished by the municipality. A processing fee, established in the above ordinance, shall be paid by the applicant and shall accompany the return of the application which shall provide the information:
- Present a valid photo Driver's License or State photo identification card; no other form of ID will be accepted.
- Name and physical description of applicant to include two (2) 2" x 2" color photographs.
- All applicants must present a Criminal Background check conducted by the PA State police. IF the applicant is not a resident of Pennsylvania, the applicant will provide a current (no older than one (1) year) criminal background check from the state in which the applicant resides.
- Complete permanent home and local address of the applicant and, in the case of transient merchants, the local address from which proposed sales will be mailed.
- A statement as to whether or not the applicant or any canvasser have been convicted of a crime other than a summer offense and, if so, the nature of the offense and the punishment assessed.
- A brief description of the nature of the business and goods to be sold.
View and Download the application for a Solicitor's Permit
"Do Not Knock" list
A list of addresses of Municipal residents who have notified the DMO in writing that they do not wish peddlers and solicitors to enter on their property is maintained at the municipality and available below for viewing. It is in violation of the solicitor's permit to go upon any property listed on the 'Do Not Knock" list.