Summer Park Adventure Program
The Summer Park Adventure Program (formerly the Playground Program) operates as a drop-in program for children in grades 1-7 at five parks each week between the hours of 9:00 am-3:00 pm each day. Kids enjoy outdoor sports and games and a variety of other activities such as fishing, campfires, playgrounds and more. Each park is very different so activities change at each park!
June 15 to July 31
- Mondays: Heritage Park
- Tuesdays: Bear Hollow Park
- Wednesdays: Murrysville Community Park
- Thursdays: Townsend Park
- Fridays: Sardis Park
Children may attend any day or every day!
Avoid the need for $5.00 cash each day at the park! $180.00 (Must register by Monday, June 8) Includes all dates (June 15 to July 31) and one time registration fee. To register please mail in a registration form with a check to 4100 Sardis Road Murrysville, PA 15668. Registration forms can be found here.
- The one-time registration fee of $15.00 is handled on-site at the park upon arrival. Pre-registration is not required and they only have to register once.
- The daily fee to attend is $5.00.
- Discount cards are available! 10 visits for $45.00. Pick them up at the park from the program staff.
Children MUST bring lunches, snacks, a refillable water bottle and a GREAT, FUN, POSITIVE ATTITUDE every day!
Additional information is available in the Parent Handbook and should be reviewed before attending the program. Thank you!
For more information please call us at 724-327-2100 x131 or x115.
See you in the parks!
Once 7th grade has been completed, participants can become Junior volunteers! Interested volunteers can attend any of the park days or complete the Volunteer Interest Form for more information.
Senior High School volunteers are needed!
We need FUN, ENERGETIC, CREATIVE leaders to staff our Summer Park Adventure Program! If this sounds like YOU and you enjoy working with children and being outside in our parks, then APPLY NOW!
- Be a mentor
- Be outside!
- Monday-Friday day shifts 9am-4pm, nights and weekends are still free!
- Have fun, play games, be creative!
- Great responsibility and experience for resumes!
- Wonderful summer job for student teachers, substitute teachers, college students, Scouts, Youth Leaders and more
The program is staffed by adults and college students who are CPR/First Aid certified and are assisted by middle and high school aged volunteers. The staff report directly to the Program Coordinator and Recreation Department Director.